Un(told) Series: A monthly Ottawa event featuring original stories told live
From rock climbing adventures in the Adirondacks, to Grandma’s “fucking shoes right up”, to eye patches and bonehead boyfriends, to revisiting the fall of Saigon, to 600 pounds of pure motorcycle break down, to Calgary’s catastrophic flood, to getting covered in your cousins pee, and finally being introduced to the inner workings of an over accomplished douche, the new un (told) story tellers (captured above)– put on by the Ottawa Story Tellers (OST) – took the audience down quite a exclusive path.
Disaster was the theme of this weeks un (told) series and although we all learned that a good disaster tale can be genuinely entertaining, we also all learned that it can be subversively profound and strangely relatable.
If you were unable to make it, or you were able to make it but would like a quick recap of the “disastrous” details you’re in luck. Our team recorded some of the details from the show and posted it here just for you.
We were located at the Daily Grind: an art café where you can purchase anything from fresh-squeezed juice and Loose-leaf Teas to full-fledged breakfasts and dinners. Oh and did we mention everything at the Daily Grind is 100% gluten free with a selection of vegetarian and vegan treats as well? Can I get a HECK YES?
None other than Ruthanne Edward; a professional story teller, story slam master and vintage fashion enthsiast.
You’re in luck. I captured this beauty just for you… I would say approximately 30% of the blurry audience is represented here. You will just have to come to the next event if you are interested in seeing the other 70% (Note to other 70% please return)
CLOSING OFF… UNTIL NEXT TIME THAT IS
Well gang, what a series this was. Thanks for everyone coming out and a big thanks to all the story tellers who shared their disaster stories with us this evening. I can honestly say I feel a tad more tethered to you all now.
If you want to catch our next show we’ll be back at the Daily Grind on May 26th at 8:00. The theme will be THIRD BASE and we hope to see to there!
This month’s story has been TOLD,
Un (told) Series
P.S If I have misspelled anyones name I apologize, I just go with what comes to me. Feel free to comment or send me a message if you would like anything changed!